One part of my daily routine that really helps set the tone of my day is my recitation of positive affirmations. If you’re anything like me, maybe you think that sounds hokey. I did when I first heard about them. Now, saying my affirmations is one of my favorite parts of the day.
Speaking positivity into my life is super helpful and powerful, especially as someone who struggles with mental illness. My mental illnesses oftentimes cause me to assume the worst in situations, but affirmations remind me of the positive.
Positive affirmations have been especially helpful this year as the world turned upside down, and everything became uncertain. So, if you’re interested in using positive affirmations, I thought I would share 20 that have helped me during the pandemic.
- I will focus on what I can control.
- I react peacefully and calmly to any situation.
- I do my part to keep myself and others safe.
- It is okay to just survive right now.
- I am strong and independent.
- Worry can not change my circumstances.
- I love myself enough to push through.
- I can do it. I know I can.
- I have the strength and resourcefulness to deal effectively with whatever happens to me.
- This feeling will pass.
- My feelings are allowed to be here.
- I don’t worry about the things I cannot control.
- I find happiness in the smallest of places.
- Every day is a gift.
- I can persevere.
- I am doing my best.
- I have the ability to cope.
- I’m stronger than I think.
- I am strong.
- I will live in the present.